Friday, August 15, 2008

More dancing

We went to two Dispensaries today where ABC runs some basic levels of health care for outlying communities. I found this particularly eye opening due to the lack of even basic supplies. These facilities did not even have some of the supplies we have in our First Aid Kits. Admittedly, between Kathryn and I we are rather over prepared for a lot of things but we're only here for two weeks. I don't want you to think that they have nothing. They have a lot of medications which can fix a multitude of problems but that is about the extent of their supplies.

On the way in to the last Dispensary we were met beyond the gate by the Guardians of Hope group and we all marched/danced/sang/laughed/looked like wazoongu's into the compound. It was really a wonderful experience but I have never felt so white in my life. At home I usually have a pretty good sense of beat but I think the plane ride here erased that. When we dance the ladies usually start laughing at us and then we start laughing and it all goes downhill from there. Let's hope that the plane ride home doesn't completely erase my sense of beat!

Lisa

No comments: