Monday, July 28, 2008

Dave


I am Liane's husband, and two of my kids, Miranda and Stewart, are also on the team with us. I am excited about this family and team experience, I am sure we will all come back strengthened and changed. For work, I have been framing new homes for the past 17 years.

I have been interested in Missions all my life, and this trip to Kenya is a real answer to God's call to me. For years I have heard about the various ministries of the churches there, and I will be grilling Kenyan leaders for information on how they do so much, and how we can really be true partners with them (they can help us, too). I just read "The End Of Poverty" and have a new excitement about what our global society can do if we try. I wish to do that small part which God has set for me to do.

In what seems a past life, I was an ordained pastor, and I expect to preach at the Kenyan churches as opportunity arises. I am nervous, but excited about this. I am looking forward to joining in worship there, and seeing how excited the Kenyans are about their Lord.

I have been part of Altadore church for 32 years, off and on. Presently I am on the Council, and I was part of the team that researched and then developed a new Governance model, and new Constitution for our ministries together. I am also a long time supporter of the Youth group, part of a small group, and a leader for the Adult Growth ministry team.

Join me in praying for the Kenyan people, and their very real struggles to overcome complex issues in their society. May our small effort give them a hope and joy that lasts, and may they join us in the safari to go Deeper, Higher and Further with God and with each other.

I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.....As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. John 15:5,9

No comments: