Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Eric



About Me – I am 24 years old and am married to Lisa who is on the trip with me. We will have been married 2 years in September. I love to be outside and enjoy the peace and quite of nature. Fishing, hiking and woodworking are among some of my favourite hobbies.

What do you do at ABC? I am involved in the facilities management of the church.

Why are you going on this mission? I am going so I can open my eyes to what God has to show me and to learn about what diversity this world holds.

What are you looking forward to the most? I am looking forward to seeing the people and what they utilize in their lives to make everyday tasks easier. The other main thing that I am looking forward to is experiencing the culture of a believer in a country that has had its challenges in relation to beliefs.

What would you like prayer for? I am thinking that the biggest challenge for me will be seeing the situation that these people are in and feeling like “our” way is the right way to proceed with the problem. I would like prayer for knowledge to be able to know that the way they do things is not necessarily wrong, but it is just different.

Verse – Matthew 6:34 - Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments: