Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Kathryn


About You - I am going into my third year in the Bachelor of Nursing program at Mount Royal College. I enjoy spending time with my family/friends and like sports. I love to travel and have had some great opportunities to travel in the past and am looking forward to future travels (like Kenya!).

What do you do at ABC? I am a young adult at Altadore Baptist Church. I have also taught Sunday School to the age 3-5 children.

Why are you going on this mission? I have always wanted to participate in a missions trip and my hope in going on this mission is that God will use this time in Africa and with the Kenyan people to draw me closer to Him.

What are you looking forward to the most? I am looking forward to the work that we will likely be doing with Guardians of Hope. I am excited about getting to know the Kenyan people and learning about their lives. In particular, I look forward to the opportunity to connect with the kids that we cross paths with.

What would you like prayer for? Good health and that God will provide me with the energy that I will need each day.

Verse - Hebrews 12:1-2 …let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross…

No comments: