Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nada






I grew up attending Altadore Baptist from age 12 on. It has been such a big part of my life – being baptized, getting married, dedicating our 2 children, serving on staff for 15 years, and so much more. I am currently serving as an Elder and am involved in pastoral care and the prayer ministry.

My job for the last four and a half years has been teaching English as a Second Language at the Calgary International Learning Centre, a ministry started by First Baptist. I love teaching the adult students who come from all over the world. In the future I hope to do some ESL teaching overseas.

Going to Africa has been a childhood dream from the time that missionaries used to stay at our home, while on furlough, when I was young. It is going to be so exciting to be able to see firsthand the work that God is doing in Kenya and to build the bond of friendship and encouragement with brothers and sisters in that part of the world.

As I go on this trip I ask for your prayers that I will be open to all that God wants to teach me - about Himself, the world, the broader Christian community, and about myself, my faith and life in Him. In the words of Colossians 3:17



Let every detail in your lives (my life) – words, actions, whatever –
be done in the name of the Master, Jesus,
thanking God the Father every step of the way.

No comments: