Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Team Members - Janet

My name is Janet Walker and this will be my second trip to Kenya. I am excited to be going again and look forward to building on the relationships forged last time - even though two of the instrumental people are sadly no longer with us. We will be staying in Machakos again though we do not know what specific work projects we will be undertaking yet. I am still interested in agricultural endeavours but believe the provision of clean and safe water is the most essential. Also, I hope to have the opportunity to visit a slum in Nairobi and see first hand how people there cope.

I have attended Altadore Baptist Church since 1997 and am currently a member of the Hospitality Committee. In the past, I have served on Council as well as other Committees and have frequently helped with Inn From The Cold, either preparing breakfast for the guests or doing the overnight watch.


Again I am the grandma of the group. Though now retired. I keep busy and enjoy helping people, puttering in the garden and swimming daily. My love of the outdoors and God's creatures keeps me interested and active.

No comments: